Zcash Mining Software
The official Zcash 1.0 User guide at https://github.com/zcash/zcash/wiki/1.0-User-Guide is a great place to start and just get familiar with how Zcash works. The Zcash software provided by Zcash company is a complete package that will let you run a full Node, Mine with your CPU, and also has a built in Wallet for sending and receiving Zcash.
Important: You will need to already have Zcash installed before you can start using the more specialized software below! If you want a beginners step-by-step guide to installing and using the software for you can find one here and I have embedded the official install video below.
The biggest limitation of the official Zcash software is that it only takes advantage of your CPU to mine. If you have decided to build a dedicated GPU rig for mining the basic software will not be enough, you will need to decide on software that has been optimized to take advantage of your GPU’s.
This is a list of the most popular Zcash Mining software for each platform, some of this software contains a built-in developers fee. I try to keep this list up to date as I can, if there is a broken link or missing software please drop me an email.
- Zcash Official Software – Github
- Gateless Gate – (also works with some GPU’s) BitcoinTalk
- Zcash-Proxy – (CPU+GPU stratum for zcashd, make a private pool) Github
- Optiminer – Zcash Forum – BitcoinTalk
- Claymore – Zcash Forum – BitcoinTalk
- Genesis SGminer – BitcoinTalk
- EWBF Cuda – Zcash Forum – BitcoinTalk
- Nicehash EQM – (only works with nicehash) Zcash Forum – BitcoinTalk
- NEHQ – Zcash Forum
I have also put several instructional videos that will help you get your software up and running below.
Once you have gotten your Hardware and Software working your next step will be to connect your rig to a Pool.