Today the Zcash team has released the first update to the Zcash network Version 1.0.1.
This update contains several improvements to Zcash including a badly needed bug fix where sometimes private payments were not being confirmed by the network. In addition to this fix the cool metrics screen that Jack Grigg designed has been updated with improved accuracy and additional information.
All miners are strongly advised to update immediately.
Sean Bowe | Nov 03, 2016
Today we’re announcing the release of Zcash 1.0.1, which fixes a few bugs and improves diagnostics:
- Fixed a bug where transactions that contain shielded payments were not being mined in some circumstances. (#1718)
- Invalid arguments passed when building JoinSplits now produce more descriptive errors. (#1752)
- Added new RPC call, z_validateaddress (#1748)
- The friendly metrics screen has improved accuracy and additional information. (#1735)
- A consensus rule improperly applied to the genesis block was adjusted. (#1754)
- fetch-params.sh has been improved and is included in the gitian build. (#1758, #1759)
- A checkpoint was added for block 2500. (#1750)
We’re encouraging all users and miners to update to this new version. See our download
page and the 1.0 User Guide
for more information.