Happy May Day my friends. Here are the updates from this week:
- Recordings are up from last week’s Zeal call. We were joined by Moe Ghashim, Nathan and Matt. Here are the videos and slides.
- New paper from Bünz, Chiesa, Mishra, and Spooner generalizing, formalizing, and analyzing Halo.
- Guarda is running a bug bounty for the beta version of their Shielded ZEC wallet.
- Kevin Owocki proposes Gitcoin grants for Zcash in the forum. Chime in if you have any thoughts or suggestions on his proposal.
- Coinbase Pro announced their support of ZEC-USD pairs; however, a technical incident prevented ZEC-USD launch. Updates will be posted on Twitter. Zcash was among the top 10 gainers in Q1 2020 according to CoinMarketCap. Earlier this month, Kraken published a report on Zcash.
Mark your calendars,
- Tues, 5/5, Zcash Gardening club: @nathan is hosting this open monthly meeting for open source contributors to share about their projects and connect.
- Mon, 5/11, ECC at Consensus: Distributed 1: Join us at 2pm EST. The first panel will cover developer resources to help you build on top of Zcash, the second panel will cover interoperability. Register: https://bit.ly/34SgkKe.
- Tues, 5/19, ECC Livestream: Highlights include our R&D, Engineering, and Growth flight plan, overview of flyclient, viewing keys for 2.1.2, a preview of our upcoming Gitcoin hackathon & an update on community efforts.
- Community Shout Outs – This section celebrates the contributions to Zcash made by folks outside of ECC and Foundation.
- Shout out to Gareth Davies @garethtdavies for updating the Zcash shielded transactions
In crypto news, Bison Trails released a report on the KEEP network. That’s it for now, have a great weekend y’all.