Here are the updates from this week:
- NU4 has a new codename : Canopy. Thanks to everyone who participated!
- Heartwood has an activation height which is supported by ECC’s latest release 3.0.0 .
- MGRC Megathread has been really active recently. Don’t miss out on the latest discussions regarding candidates, the role of the committee and other governance related matters.
- ICYMI – here are recordings from past events
- Bitwage is interested in supporting Zcash and they are looking for people who are interested in a) receiving part or all of their compensation in Zcash or b) using Zcash to pay their employees.
- One of our wallet partners is looking for a developer to work on Zcash integrations, the ideal candidate has react, android, and iOS experience.
- If you’re interested in learning more, reach out to @aserrano
Mark your calendars,
- Mon, 6/1, joshs is speaking at Messari Mainnet giving a talk on Zcash at 1:50 pm EST.
- Tues, 6/2, June Gardening Club: Join us for our monthly mtg to discuss open-source development on Zcash. More details are posted here .
- Wed, 6/3, zooko is speaking at Messari Mainnet on a panel with Peter Van Valkenburgh and Mario Laul. More details here 2.
- Fri, 6/5, Tu Privacidad: Protegela: ¿Hablas español? Tú privacidad es muy importante, aprende a protegerla con este webinar. Dulce Villarreal de Techqueria, Andres Arrieta de Electronic Frontier Foundation y yo vamos hablar sobre la importancia de la privacidad y como protegerla usando herramientas prácticas. Únete a la conversación
- Mon, 6/15, ECC is partnering with Gitcoin for the Protect Privacy Hackathon . Developers are invited to compete for $6000 in bounties. Register here.
Community Shout Outs – Shout out to @Shawn for moderating the forum and promoting Zcash, shout out to the 9+ community members who have submitted their names for MGRC consideration. Shout out to @Blinky for offering to help update the wikipedia page.
This week in privacy, GDPR turned two years old this week. Marketplace has a 7 min deep dive on how effective this law has been. Politico and Bloomberg also covered the story. The Indian government open-sourced Aarogya Setu to the relief of privacy advocates and security experts. ACLU is taking Clearview AI to court. Learn what it’s like to use money in Cuba from Boaz Sobrado.
In crypto news, Coindesk covers Zcash’s first halving and inflation. DeFi startup Ren is developing RenVM, a new network that connects Bitcoin and Zcash to Ethereum. Exodus.io published a great Zcash video explainer. Jill Carlson wrote an incisive and thorough critique on Goldman’s bitcoin research. That’s it y’all. Have a good weekend.