Here are your weekly Zcash updates:
- ECC welcomes Christina Garman as a new board member. Garman is one of the seven founding scientists who invented Zerocash, the protocol that would eventually become Zcash.
- Signal now accepts crypto donations – including Zcash.
- CoinHako now supports Zcash.
- I recently caught up on this Pool Deprecation proposal Nathan posted. This topic was also covered in a recent Arborist call. Arborist calls are now every two weeks.
Mark your calendars –
- 3/23 – Zooko is speaking at Orchid’s Priv8 Summit along with speakers like Edward Snowden, Audrey Tang and Cindy Cohn.
- 3/25 – Arborist calls are now biweekly. These regular community calls center around network upgrades and protocol development. Register here.
- 3/30 – This month’s Zeal call features Yan Zhu from Brave and Jay Graber from Happening.net. Register here.
In the news, Georgia HS students may be learning about crypto as part of a new financial literacy initiative. Journalist Maria Bustillos talks about the myth of money and Bitcoin. An NFT art heist reminds us of the importance of self-custody and carefully reading the TOS.