By Elena Giralt
SHIELDS UP Zcashers. Here are the updates from this week:
- Gemini announced support for shielded withdraws. This is a major accomplishment. The news was picked up by Coindesk, The Block, Cointelegraph, Decrypt and others. Tyler and Cameron had a live Q&A with Zooko. 1 If you want to learn more about the compatibility of privacy, cryptocurrencies and existing regulation, join us 10/13 for a panel discussion with Gemini and Perkins Coie.
- Shielded transactions are up 1, 11% of all transactions in September.
- ECC has a new events calendar 1! And that’s good news because you’re going to need it to keep track of all of our upcoming events.
- Speaking of events, next week, we’re going around the world with [virtual] educational webinars, outreach events and AMAs in India, Brazil, Korea.
Mark your calendars,
- 10/6 – CoinDCX Telegram AMA (India), event link
- 10/6 – Gardening Club, registration link
- 10/7 – Deep dive on Halo2 with Zero Knowledge Seoul (S. Korea), link
- 10/7 – Zcash webinar with Blockchain Academy (Brazil), link
- 10/8 – Arborist Call, registration link
- 10/9 – CoinDCX Youtube Livestream (India), link
- 10/13 – Can Privacy and Regulation Coexist, link
- 10/14 – MetalPay AMA, registration link
- 10/19 – ZKP Privacy Conference hosted by Dystopia Labs
- 10/28 – Zcash 4th Birthday
- 11/18 – Canopy Activation
Community Shout Outs – Shout out to our community around the world. Shout out to @yoditar for translating Zcash content in Spanish in Discord and Telegram, kudos to @garethtdavies for the latest shielded txn numbers. Snaps to @pacu, @lindanaeunlee, @artkor and Ajian for helping with localization work.
In crypto news, check out Coindesk’s latest series on the Internet in 2030. DOJ and CTFC charge BitMEX for violating multiple regulations and AML procedures. Learn about Turkish students who got UNI as part of their intro to blockchain course. Jack Dorsey talked about decentralizing Twitter at the Oslo Freedom Forum and the Venezuelan government is moving to seize profits from all mining operations in the country.