2021 is off to an interesting start! There’s a lot to cover so, without further ado, here are the updates from this week.
- ECC published our perspective on Bittrex delisting announcement.
- ECC, along with other industry leaders, submitted a comment to FINCEN regarding NPRM , the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking regarding Requirements for Certain Transactions Involving Convertible Virtual Currency or Digital Assets.
- ECC’s Zcash metrics page has the latest numbers from December.
- ECC announced Halo on Zcash, a proposed protocol feature for NU5. Don’t miss the accompanying technical explainer 1 that gets into the performance and implementation details.
- Zcash Foundation says goodbye to Henry de Valence, Principal Cryptographic Researcher. @hdevalence will be missed! We wish you the best in your next chapter!
- The forum has been quite active lately with ongoing discussions regarding taddrs and zaddrs. Chime in with your perspectives here, here or in any of the related threads.
Mark your calendars –
- Tues, Jan 26: Zeal Call, special guest Danny O’Brien, EFF
- Tues, Feb 9: Gardening Club
- Thurs, Feb 11: Arborist Call, NU5 feature discussion
- Tues, Feb 23: Zeal Call, special guests from Blockchain Association