Hi folks – here are the updates from this week:
- Poolin mined a shielded block on MAINNET. They have 30% of hashpower.
- Speaking of shielded metrics, ECC launched a Zcash metrics page to track on-chain transparent and shielded metrics. The page is updated monthly. Let us know what you think!
- New release 4.1.0 includes migration to Clang and static libc++, faster sync for initial block download, convenient testing for invalid note plaintexts, additional lightwalletd and light client RPCs and other updates.
- Ryan Watkins at Messari wrote a piece on Zcash. The full piece is behind a paywall but his twitter thread gives you a general idea of the content.
- There are 11 Gitcoin Grants up and still time to post your own and fund your favorites. In lieu of a livestream – vote for your favorite projects on Gitcoin Grants.
- Unstoppable, $20 raised from 3 → $599 in matching
- ZecWallet, $46 raised from 6 → $4379 in matching
- Afok, $23 raised from 4 → $1,318 in matchin
- ZK Podcast, $24 raised from 4 → $817 in matching
- Nighthawk, $40 raised from 3 → $671 in matching
- ZcashZeal, $21 raised from 4 → $718 in matching
- Observatory, $8 raised from 2 → $200 in matching
- Dystopia, Zcash Store, Narrative – all $0 denominated in Dai
- There’s still time for free ice cream! Download the Flexa app and get $10 worth of ZEC.
- New videos are up on Youtube: Gardening Club, Canopy Explainer and a few fun ones.
- Learn and earn with the new Coinbase ZEC videos. We partnered with Coinbase to create two new videos just before Canopy activation.
- Zcash Foundation welcomes a new Engineering Project Manager – Pili Guerra. ZF also shared their perspective on the current barriers to shielded adoption.
- MGRC posted their latest meeting minutes from earlier this week.
- DC from ECC presented at the inaugural Celo Governance Call, regarding adding Zcash to the Celo Reserve
Mark your calendars, 11/18 – Canopy Activation
Community Shout Outs – Shout out to everyone working diligently for a successful activation!
This week in privacy, The Markup investigates the privacy of payment apps. Council of EU ministers discusses encryption. Mozilla Foundation just released their holiday shopping guide, Privacy Not Included. Your [Apple] computer isn’t yours.