It’s been a busy and productive week at ECC. Here are the latest updates from the team:
- ECC published the Transparency Report for Q3 2019.
- We’re excited about the upcoming network upgrade, Heartwood (NU3). Learn more about FlyClient ZIP 221. We’ll post about Shielded Coinbase ZIP 213 next week.
- We partnered with The Giving Block’s COVID relief campaign to support children and families affected by the coronavirus outbreak. ECC is matching the first $5,000 in Zcash donations.
- Zcash Foundation is working on Privacy-Preserving Contact-Tracing, join the discussion on the ZF discord channel.
- Join us on Tues, 3/31 for the March Zeal Call, featuring guests Aditya and Least Authority.
Community Shout Outs – This section celebrates the contributions to Zcash made by folks outside of ECC and Foundation. Ping me if you have suggestions for next week.
- Shout out to @rex4539 for helping out ZecGreen in the discord channel this week
- Shout out to zecretary4u author of Sortition, a short story on the ZECpages board.
Dev Infra team
- Entering final stages of download.z.cash migration (verified Falco implementation/alerts).
- Continuing work on Zmetrics project to support data analysis Docker image for Zcash.
- Integrated Librustzcash into zcash/zcash repository
- Posted Security Properties of Sapling Viewing Keys (ZIP 310), and merged viewing key support
- Pulled in several good Community PRs from @oxarbitrage
- Finished decryption APIs for wallet team (memo support)
- Dev fund consensus ZIPs are in review (zcash/zips#332)
- Android SDK and zECC app have upgrades that now: 1) support inbound memos and 2) detect outbound transactions on restore.
- Documentation for light client support live on read the docs.
This week in privacy, the talk on the forums centered around contact-tracing and COVID related privacy concerns. Amnesty USA wrote a letter to congress advocating for privacy protections while Israeli courts ruled that the government can track citizen cell phones in the name of public health.
In crypto news, @mikerah shared some thoughts about validator privacy in the Ethereum Research forum. In addition to the Zeal call next week, you can get your zero-knowledge fix by signing up for ZK Summit. All the content is free and streamed online. Our friends at Least Authority posted a Gitcoin Grant for an educational SNARK how-to guide.